Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Thankful Trees

Friday, November 4, 2011

Thankful Trees

I thought this year it was time to help my kids understand how fortunate we are.  Warm house, Food to eat, Clothes to wear.  I came up with these little thankful trees.

Each tree has leave that my kiddos can take off and write something they are thankful for .  On Thanksgiving I am going to have them read them so they remember what have been thankful for this month and always.

First I cut out leave in various color with my silhoutte.  I use the 8 leave pattern template and cut 2 of each leaf
.

Next I took two of the same leaves. Some the same color some different and glued them together with a ribbon as a loop. Then glue them together. To give them the apperaance of 1 leaf.


Next I found my cute little square boxes at target in the dollar section.
Bag of moss and foam block were found at the dollar store.
 In total I think I spent less than $5 for 2 trees. 




Put a foam block into the metal box. Use hot glue to top of foam and add moss.  upt enough moss that you can not see the foam. 
Last step find some tree branches andstick them in the middle of your foam block. 

Find a great spot to put them and start your Thankful Tree.


Adrienne
 I am Linking this up to:

Visit thecsiproject.com
Link Party

Visit thecsiproject.com

3 comments:

  1. These trees turned out super cute! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! love this idea!
    www.inside-outdesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you from TT&J! That is such a cute tree...great idea!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...