Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Home Made Holidays {All about the Ladies}

Monday, November 14, 2011

Home Made Holidays {All about the Ladies}


Today is all about he ladies.  Moms, Girlfriends, Grandmas, Daughters any lucky lady in your life. I have made a few ideas I think you may like.  Whatever kinda of girl she is one of these ideas is bound to get her excited. So off we go....



First up simple and easy infinity scarves are all the rage this year.  I have a simple and inexpensive solution. I have been making these for craft shows and friends.   It is a great way to stay warm and trendy without breaking the bank.  My cost on 1 scarf is about $2. Making a great gift for anyone.  I am thinking teenage girls would love a gift like this from a friend. My little sis loves hers.
  
Supplies:  
15 inches of your favorite knit fabric
matching thread
optional: matching accessories.


Cut fabric to be 15 x 54-60.

Place right sides together on selvage edge. Stitch along selvage edge using a knit stitch.Using the knit stitch allows for a small amount of stretch.
At this point you can wear your infinity scarf if you would like.
I decided to go a step further to hide the seam.

With right side out. twist fabric at seam ends to  stitch seam with right sides together. 
Finished scarf is below

 This will just hide the seam a little.
Embellish or not its up to you.

Here is my little sis with one that is not embellished.



There are so ways to wear your scarf.   Mix it up and add a little flair to your wardrobe.
These are so quick and easy to make.  Because they are knit.  There is no hemming. 
One quick seam and your done.  So grab some fabric and get sewing. 

Tutorial #2 is coming up next. and a Giveaway.  Be sure to check back.

Are you following our giveaways.  Here is a link to help you keep track.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...