Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Womens Tank to Little Girl Maxi

Monday, June 11, 2012

Womens Tank to Little Girl Maxi





Maxi's are all the rage this season.  I wanted one for my little miss but they are hard to find.  I was shopping at a local mall and found an adorable tank for women.  I am not much of a tank top wearer but it is adorable for my Little Miss. Here is what I started with.... A lacey tank from Down East.


I cut off the bottom of the tank just below the arm pit.  Leaving the most length possible.


Stitch a basting stitch around the top of the skirt.  You may need to gather the skirt a bit  before sewing on the waist band.



For the waistband I had a piece of knit that was a perfect match . I measured my Little Missy's waist and subtracted 1 inch. Knit is really stretchy.  I cut my fabric 19 by 6. Fold your waistband in half lengthwise and right sides together. Short ends together.  Stitch. You should have a circle for a waistband. 


Fold the band in half to make it 3 x 18 round. Pin the band to your skirt. Giving the skirt and even gather if your must gather. Stitch around with a knit stitch. securing the waistband to the skirt.
Here is how my skirt turned out.


I think it turned out so cute.  She loves it! I think it makes her look so grown up.  Fun and easy for the summer.  Great for the beach, church or a day of shopping. Head out and find a tank for your Little Miss.




8 comments:

  1. I really like that idea. I would never have thought of that!
    I finally got around to passing on the Liebster blog award ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read the title and did a double take -- what a clever idea and it looks just beautiful on Little Missy. Love that the lace was already on the tank top. Thanks so much for sharing on Busy Monday at A Pinch of Joy. Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The skirt is just darling! (And so is your model!) :) What a great idea! Thanks for joining us for "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". We loved having you and hope you'll be back soon! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute idea. Your daughter is adorable and looks very happy in her new skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that's thinking outside the box! What a cute skirt for your little princess!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute and clever! I'm pinning this!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...