Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Fancy House Numbers

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Fancy House Numbers

How is your summer going??? Ours is in full swing.  The kids are home and we are trying to stay busy.  In between all the crazy I have been working on a few projects.  Here is one I think you will like.  I was talking with a friend of mine about my front porch. I have no clue what to do about it.  She told me about a show that shares tips for making your house appealing. From the outside.  (No cable at this house. Just digital rabbit ears for basic local stations).  On one of the episodes they mentioned 3 things to make you house look inviting from the outside. 
1. Paint your door a fun bright color.
2. Add Shutters
3. Have a fun way to display your house numbers.

So after contemplating each of them I decided that #3 was the way for me.
Here is my supply list:
1 lenght of Pine.  2x8
long rectangel brackets to secure boards together
screws
Paint colors of choice
numbers for my house
picture frame
chalkboard vinyl

I started with 1 length of pine. I cut it into lengths of 18 inches.  I ended up with 5 lengths with a few inches left. 

Next I spray painted my numbers black.  And sprayed my boards my color of choice.  I went with turquoise, burnt orange and white. I did a light coat, to let the wood grain show through a bit.


Sand your boards just a bit, if you like for a bit of a weathered look. 


Lay your dry boards together how you want them.  Flip them over and screw your bracket into place.

Once my brackets were secure I flipped my boards back over.  I placed my numbers where I waanted them and screwed them into place.


I added this frame so I could leave messages for visitors coming in.  Sleeping baby please knock, Leave packages at the door or Welcome friends.  Lots of options for this little frame.

So I found the frame at TJMaxx.  I sprayed it my favorite color (Turquoise) and took out the glass.  I cut a piece of chalk board vinyl I got from Pick Your Plum and placed it inside the frame.  I added the glass behind it and a piece of card board.  Took the back of the frame off.  It had a back with a stand on it that you could see if was on. 
I used 4 nails ot hang the frame on and keep it from moving. 

Hang your numbers outside your door and enjoy. I love the pop of color it adds to my front porch.


Do you see the nest on my front door wreath?  I made the wreath and hung it back in April.  Within 2 days a cute little Mama Robin began building her nest. She worked on it for a week. Then abandoned it because there was so much traffic.  Everyone askes me where I got the nest.  They can't believe a bird built it.  Someday I will take it down and save it for someplace special.
  

Thanks for sharing your Free Time with me.  Have a great week.
Tip Junkie handmade projectsVisit thecsiproject.com52 MantelsPhotobucketI Heart Nap Time SixSistersStuff.com

4 comments:

  1. Great, I really like it and when you rent, like I do that is any easy project to do and it won`t take a lot of effort to take down when we move. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh i LOVE this! It's super cute! I wonder if our civic association would have a coronary if I did it???

    Please consider linking it up at http://www.addhousewife.com/2012/06/happy-happy-pininspiration-day-and-were.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea and we are moving soon, so this will be perfect. Pinning for safe keeping! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your house numbers are so cute!! We love this idea! Thanks for joining us for "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". We loved having you and hope you'll be back soon! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...