Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Date Night for 2 {Porch Makeover}

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Date Night for 2 {Porch Makeover}


For anyone who has young kiddos like me, you know it's hard to get a date night with your sweetheart. Right? We struggle to get out once a week with little ones.  So I decide to transform my front porch into a Date Night for 2.  We sit out and watch the sunset, have adult conversation, sometimes we play games together on the I-pads.  We love to play Blokus.  Just sit back, relax, have a special treat and enjoy each others company. 



Here is what I started with. Boring, drab and no curb appeal.


I searched all over Craig's List for some patio furniture. But nothing. So while I was at Target the other day they had most of there outdoor furniture half price. So I snatched up a set for a great deal. I added a pillow to each chair with fabric  I found  at Joanns a few months ago.


For the table I found this hurricane and candle at Ross. The candle was the perfect colors. I decide to use Turquoise and Orange. They look great with the stone work on my house. And they matched my Fancy House Numbers


I made Fancy House Numbers  with a 2x8, frame, paint and numbers.


I used beach balls to hang over head.  I found a few different sizes.  Sprayed them with spray paint for plastic.  Then used my color of choice to finish them off.




A great little place for my and the Hubby to unwind after the kiddos are in bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...