Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Burlap & Tulips...Springtime Decor

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Burlap & Tulips...Springtime Decor

I just love springtime! I love the colors, holidays and the thought of summer just around the corner.  Here in Idaho it is still cold. Snow on the ground and more snow is coming. It's just that time of year.  A little gloomy, muddy and grey skies. I need a little spring time decor. What better way to do that than to add some colorful flowers to my front door for under $10!






I decided to take a little shopping trip to Wal Mart.  I found my way through the Easter goodies to the craft and sewing department.

I purchased 1/2 yard burlap($1), Spool of ribbon ($2), and 6 tulip stems (3 yellow, 3 pink ($1 per stem)).  I spent under $10.

I started by cutting and sewing my burlap into a bag.  Just 3 seams.  Make your bag as large or small as you want. Fill your burlap bag with leftover grocery sacks.  I tied the bottom corners of the bag with twine to give it a feed sack look. Tie a loose ribbon around the tip of your burlap sack.  Leaving room for your tulip stems.  Stick your stems into the bag and Voile you are done. 
* To hang my bag I used a small piece of ribbon, looped it and hot glued it to the burlap. 







It might be snowing outside, but my door screams spring. Has Spring come to your house yet??

12 comments:

  1. That is super adorable! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ca-ute! I like how you made the burlap into a bag. Very darling. The tied corners are pretty sweet, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So LOVELY!! Now officially your newest GFC follower :*) Looking forward to more of your terrific posts!
    Would love to have you stop by and visit me at ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com!
    Have a fabulous weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! Such a great change to a wreath on the door! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pinning, I've loved it since I first laid eyes on it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how your did your sack- country classy :) This is so so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! Might try this idea as a gift for my mom-in-law!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Adrienne, I love this beautiful door hanging. So pretty!

    Warmly, Michelle
    Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the colors! I need to go get me some flowers ASAP! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how the burlap and the flowers look together!! I never would have thought to do something like this on my front door, but it really looks great! PINNED!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I featured your project in the Pastels edition of my blog series, Get Your Color On! I love the burlap combined with the flowers---very earthy.

    http://creativeblossoming.com/2013/03/27/get-your-color-on-pastels/


    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...