Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Starbucks {Knock off} Peppermint Brownies

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Starbucks {Knock off} Peppermint Brownies


Tis the season for peppermint brownies!  I love these little things.  Saturday was my free day from my 8 week healthy challenge.  I just had to make them. So I decided to share my recipe with all of you.  These are just like the Starbucks peppermint brownies. So yummy!  Warning you will need to find someone to share these with or you will eat them all.  Also I recommend a tall glass of milk!



Starbucks {Knock off} Peppermint Brownies
1 cup of Butter 
1/2 cup of Cocoa
2 cups of All Purpose Flour
2 cups of Sugar
4 Eggs
4 teaspoons of Vanilla
Teaspoons peppermint extract
Directions:
I melt the Butter in the microwave and put into my mixing bowl, then I add cocoa and mix together until smooth. Add flour, and sugar. Beat together and then add eggs and vanilla. Mix until combined. Do not over stir. Pour into greased, floured  9x13 baking pan*. 
* An additional part of this recipe said that if you want to double the recipe, use a large baking sheet.

Additional Note * This batter will not be runny like a cake mix. You might have to spread it out over your pan with a rubber spatula. Bake 20-25 minutes @350 F or until done. I would check at it at 20 minutes.

Pull Brownies out of oven and sprinkle 1/2 cup chocolate chips over the top of the brownies.  Let them sit for  2 minutes and spread chocolate around.

Cool your brownies.

Peppermint Cream cheese frosting:
8 oz softened cream cheese
2 teaspoon peppermint
2 tablespoons butter
3-4 cups powdered sugar (Start with 3 cups.  If a little runny add 1/4 cup at a time until desired consistency)
1 tbs milk
Add 5-10 drops of food coloring if you like

Spread frosting over top of brownies. Place in fridge or cool spot for 30 min. Then spread chocolate icing to the top.

The Chocolate Icing Recipe:
1/4 cup of softened Butter
1/4 cup Milk
1/4 cup of Cocoa
3 cups of Powdered Sugar
Dash of Salt
Mix all together and frost as desired.

The anatomy of a wonderful Peppermint brownie!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! These look delicious...what's not to love about peppermint with chocolate, right?
    I would love if you would share this at my link party. http://www.realcoake.com/2013/03/real-family-fun-5.html
    Take care,
    KC

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fabulous and I have all the ingredients already!! Pinned. Visiting from be different act normal link party.

    http://homemakeraudition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...