Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Costumes of Halloween Past–Pikachu

Friday, September 14, 2012

Costumes of Halloween Past–Pikachu


This is my little Pikachu.  My boys went through a Pokémon phase.  I think many boys do.  He begged for weeks for a Pikachu costume.  So I came up with this.

I used a costume pattern to give me the 1 piece outfit.  We made his zip down the back so you wouldn’t see the zipper.


Then I added Dark Brown Ric Rac across the back.  I cut a tail out of Peltex and fleece.  I sandwiched the peltex  in between the 2 pieces of fleece and stitched around the edge. I sewed  the tail onto the back of the costume. 


The hat used a basic winter hat pattern and I added the ears.  That was it.  He loved that costume.  He asked to wear it the next year.  But I think he was to tall.   He was toasty warm for trick or treating and as happy as can be.
.

2 comments:

  1. What a great costume! I'm an 18-year-old female and I'd totally wear that! It brings back good memories. :P

    -Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOnderful costume!

    Love for you to share it at my linky party if you get a chance :)
    http://www.jaqsstudio.com/2012/09/made-by-me-49-linky-party-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...