Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Porcupine Meatballs {Recipe}

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Porcupine Meatballs {Recipe}


 
As a kid one of my favorite meals my grandma made was Porcupine Meatballs.  They were always my requested meal when staying at her house.  Now that I am a mom with 4 hungry kiddos it is a requested meal at my family table.  I love having a meal that every kid will eat and no one complains.  These Porcupine Meatballs are one of those meals!



1 pound Hamburger
1 tsp. chili powder
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. Salt
1 C. Rice
1 Egg
3 T. Water
2 cans Tomato Soup
1 C. Water
In a large bowl mix hamburger, chili powder, onion, salt, pepper, egg, 3T. water, rice and 2 T of tomato soup. Roll meat mixture into 1 1/2 inch balls. Place into 9x13 pan.  In a bowl  Mix water and tomato soup. Pour over the top of meatballs. 
Cover and Bake meatballs at 350* for 45 minutes.

To make these a freezer meal place the meatballs in a freezer bag or pan.  The meat balls are very delicate. Pour tomato soup mix over meatballs and freeze. Be sure to lay your bag flat in your freezer. To cook defrost meatballs and place in pan.  If meatballs are still frozen add 15 minutes to baking time above.  

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you say white rice, do you use minute rice or long grain rice?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...