Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Prize Winning Homemade Doughnuts {Recipe}

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Prize Winning Homemade Doughnuts {Recipe}

homemade doughnut www.freetimefrolics.com #recipe #donut

Lately I have been making recipes that have been in my family for years.  This one comes from my Grandmother.  For years she had made these delicious buttermilk doughnuts. They are so good she even won a prize for her recipe.  They are so easy to make, especially with your kids! So give these delightful doughnuts a try!



Prize Winning Homemade Doughnuts
2 C. Buttermilk
1 1/2 c. Sugar
2t. Soda
pinch Salt
1 C. Sour Cream
3 Eggs
1t. Nutmeg
6-7 C. Flour enough for soft dough.

Roll your dough out maybe a 1/4 inch thick.  I used a large cookie cutter and a small one in the center. Be sure to cut out a center.  The doughnuts will cook more even in the center. 
Cut and fry in Vegetable oil. Using Vegetable oil is very important.  It allows your doughnuts to brown. 

Remove from oil when browned on both sides. Coat with Powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar. Makes about 20 doughnuts.

8 comments:

  1. oh my goodness those look amazing. someday that will be fun to make with the kids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. btw, you can find my blog over here, handmadegiftsarebest.blogspot. Idaho Bloggers rock!

      Delete
  2. My husband keeps begging for homemade doughnuts--perhaps he'll actually get them now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum-o! Those look fabulous. We make homemade donuts once in the spring and once in the fall and love to try new recipes often--this will be the recipe for this spring! thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so pretty and sound great too. I make pretend doughnuts on Christmas morning. Maybe I will try some real ones out. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Making doughnuts is my next project!! these look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look soooo yummy! And I love that they're heart shaped!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, these look great. I am a big fan of donuts. Make them far too often for how little I make it to the gym. These are on my list! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...