Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: DIY Trick Or Treat Bags

Friday, October 19, 2012

DIY Trick Or Treat Bags

This year I wanted some thing a little different for my kids Trick or Treat bag.  I thought it would be fun for the kids to see how much candy they had with out opening the bag.  So I came up with these.
You can make them in any  Halloween shape you want.  Bats, Pumpkins, Frankenstein, Monster or a Ghost. Today I am going to show you how to make a Bat.



Here is what you need:
1/2 yard Black Fabric
2 sheets black felt
Black thread
Clear vinyl plastic
White & black vinyl
(I buy my vinyl from Vinyl Expressions.  it is inexpensive and you can buy as much or as little as you would like. See the link on my side bar)

Cut your fabric the size you want your bag,  I cut mine 12x24. Fold in half to make 12x12. M:ake the folded edge the top of your bag.
Cut your clear vinyl to be 12x12.

Cut your 4 wings.  Take 2 wings and stitch around the outside edge of the wings. Layering 2 wings gives them a little strength. This will help them stick out better.


Slide the wings in between your fabric layer. Pin into place. Stitch down both sides and the bottom.


1. Cut your fabric for your handles. Cut a strip 5x45. 
2. Fold 1 side in 1.5 inches and press.
3. Press.
4.  Fold other side in 1/2 inch and press.
5. Fold the same edge as step 3 another 1.5 inches and press.
6. Stitch down the center. Along the folded edge.


Cut your handles the length you want them.  Mine were about 13 inches each. Pin them to the top of your bag.

Stitch them into place.

Add your face.  I purchase my vinyl at Expressions Vinyl .  You can buy any size and color. To make your face you can use your vinyl cutter or freehand it.  For this project I freehanded it. I used a few scraps I had.  I cut large round white circles for the eyes. Then added 2 small black circles.  With the scraps of white I made 2 small fangs and a grin. It took me about 5 minutes.  

Here are a few others I made.





                           
    

5 comments:

  1. These turned out great!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all so cute! My kids would love them. I think I like the Bat and Frankenstein's monster the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, so cute!

    I would love to invite you to post this over at my link party on The Purple Pumpkin Blog! Hope to see you there :)

    Michelle xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those treat bags, especially the little bat!
    Dropping by from the Live Laugh Rowe blog hop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable! Would love it if you linked up on my blog hop www.w-t-fab.com/search/label/bloghop. Also let me know if you'd like to follow each other!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...