Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Halloween Costume - Astronaut

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Halloween Costume - Astronaut


Here is my little Astronaut.  He loves Space.  Ever since he was 2 he has wanted to be a real astronaut.  So a few years ago I made him one.  

I started by making the white jumpsuit. With McCalls pattern #4951.

For the boots covers, hat, tech bib and wrist cuffs, I purchased colored vinyl.  I found most of mine at Hancocks fabrics.  They had a huge assortment of vinyls. I used the pattern above to make the wrist covers and boot covers.
 I kind of free handed the tech bib.  I diy button covers for the colorful buttons and I purchased real NASA patches to add to the costume.
For the had I used a basic cape hood pattern and altered it a bit.
To make him a little more astronaut I made a jet pack.  Unfortunately the 1 photo I took of it did not work. I am super bummed.  So I will have to explain a little.  Then you use your creativity to make your own. I stated with a medium rate mailing box.  I punched a hole in the top and the side.  I attached a curtain rod ring to the side and threaded clear tubing through it and then the ends of the tubing into the holes.  I also added a string of battery powered Christmas lights to the tube.  At night it looked awesome.  Then I just used house hold items to make the gadgets and gizmos on the box.
I used reflective webbing to make the box a backpack and a belt.  That way he could be seen ant night and look super cool.
I hope your Halloween costumes are coming together.  I would love to see them.  Head over to the Masquerade Ball and enter yours!!!
Free Time Frolics

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...