Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Halloween Costume - Spider

Monday, October 8, 2012

Halloween Costume - Spider

Here is my little Spider.  no one really loves spiders but I love this one. I think this is one of my favorite costumes I have ever made.  And it was super simple to make.
I first purchased black sweats, gloves and beanie. With a Bean bag pattern.  I altered it to leave the bottom and top open. I made 6 long fabric tubes and sewed gloves to the end of each of them.To   Stuff them with stuffing.  Starting with the main body, a bean bag usually has 6 sections. I sewed 3 sections together and the second 3 sections together. Pin your arms into place leaving a 6 inch hole near the top of the sections for your kiddos arms. Stitch your 2 sections together.   On the top and bottom you need to make a casing.  Add your elastic.  I liked mine a little tight to make sure the pillows I added would not fall out.  To link the arms I wrapped black ribbon around each wrist and tied a knot.  Then made a loop for my son to have around his wrist.
When you are ready to trick or treat Just slip it over your kiddos head like a shirt and add pillows to fluff him up. I added a little makeup for the full effect. 

An there is your Black Furry Spider! For more Costume Ideas click the Costume Link or see my Masquerade Magic Pintrest Board!

SixSistersStuff.com

3 comments:

  1. We love your cute Halloween Spider costume. We would love to have you link up to our Strut Your Stuff Saturday with your fun ideas! -The Six Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! Great job! I'm hosting a Halloween Costume Contest over at my blog. Would love for you to stop by and enter this! Prize package over $125!

    http://www.createcraftlove.com/2012/10/handmade-halloween-costume-party.html

    Hope to see you there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is amazing and adorable! Pinning!

    <3 Christina at I Gotta Create!
    Wildly Original linky party is open

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...