Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Spider Hair Clips

Monday, October 1, 2012

Spider Hair Clips

That time a year is rolling in.  A month where you can get away with a little more than the norm.  I love Halloween and the fun things my kiddos get to experiment with.  They just get to be kids and have fun. 
I love experimenting with my Little girls hair.  (Frankly I am not very good a t little girl hair.  Probably why I only have one girl}   I am more of a pony tail mom! 
This year I wanted to make something different for her hair.  The usual bows are great, but I wanted off the beaten path kind of thing.  So I came up with these.  Big black fuzzy spiders for here hair!


Want to make a few of your own? Here is how you do it!
Supplies:
Black pom poms
Wood skewers
Googly eyes
Black ribbon
1/8 inch ribbon for bows
Hair clips
Hot glue

Start by wrapping ribbon onto a skewer tape off the ends. Depending on how many you are making you will need 1-2 skewers of ribbon for your legs.  Place on cookie sheet in an oven on the lowest setting. Bake for 20 minutes. This is the same method you use for making Corker hair bows.

While your ribbon is baking start by wrapping your hair clips with black ribbon

Add 2 googly eyes to your black pom pom. Set aside.

When your ribbon is ready unwrap from the skewers. They should be like a curly corkscrew.

Mine were really long and I was able to get one spider from 1 wrapped skewer. I folded the ribbon in half and then in half a gain. This gave me eight legs. Glue legs to the center of the clip.  Wrap a small piece of ribbon around the curly ribbon and the clip to hold secure.
Add a bit of glue to the top of the legs and add the pom pom.  Add a cute bow and your are ready to go.

You could even use them to decorate a shelf or a mantel.

Have a Spooky Month!! And don't forget to enter the Masquerade Ball.  The Link party has begun.  Please stop by and add your handmade Halloween costume.  I would love to see what you have made!

Have a Spooky Month!! And don't forget to enter the Masquerade Ball.  The Link party has begun.  Please stop by and add your handmade Halloween costume.  I would love to see what you have made!


Free Time Frolics

I Heart Nap Time

4 comments:

  1. Cute! Please come and share this at my link party! http://fabricbowsandmore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Can't wait to make these for my girls. Thanks for the instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BAked ribbon -- I always wondered how those curlies were made! Super adorable spiders! Thanks so much for sharing on busy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute. My girls would love them.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...