Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: {No Sew} Snake Charmer Costume, How to

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

{No Sew} Snake Charmer Costume, How to


Pin It
My second son defiantly beats to his own drum. For Halloween this year he wanted to be the "devil". I was not totally comfy with his choice so I sent him back to the "thinking board". After much deliberation I finally convinced him to be a Snake Charmer.  He has a small collection of stuffed snakes he got from the zoo and he enjoys teasing his sister with them.  This is by far the easiest costume.  It only took and hour to put together! Here how I did it.
Supplies:
Tunic shirt
baggy pants
scarf with tassels ( Go buy yourself a new scarf and let your sone use it for the day.  Its a win win!
(2) $1 store baskets
snake
$1 store whistle or flute
1.5 yards cheap cotton fabric

Most of his costume is pretty self explanatory   For the snake basket I glues the 2 baskets together. I cut the bottom of the top basket off so the snake could go inside.I also glued a piece of ribbon around the basket seams and the top of the basket.

 I use a 1 foot piece of fishing line and tied one end to the whistle and the other to the snake.  When they play and move the flute the snake will move too.

For the Turban I watched a few you tube videos to learn how to wrap and tie it.





So that's it. Super simple.  If you ever need a quick costume you can't go wrong with this one. Happy Halloween!!




4 comments:

  1. Super cute Adrienne! I love the fishing line idea. So clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I wish my boys chose costumes this easy! And the fishing line was such a clever idea! Http://www.craftinterrupted.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How original!? I love this idea!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...