Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Halloween Costume -Little Bo Peep

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Halloween Costume -Little Bo Peep

Here is my Little Bo Peep.  I dreamed of this costume from the time I knew was having a daughter.  I come from a family of Boys.  Lots and lots of them.  So having a little girl is kind of the bees knees around here.  You know the stars,moons and planets aligned kind of thing. She is my Joy and my Muse...


Little Bo Peep Costume
I wanted so badly to make her a Little Bo Peep.  Last year was the year to do it.  Her little costume was a labor of love.  I looked at a lot of pictures of  Bo peep costumes. I came up with this. 


I started with a basic peasant top.  I used my Simply Jane pattern. I just made the shirt white.

For the skirt I made a basic skirt but doubled the fabric to make it more full.  I added a little lace to fancy it up.

For the bloomers I used a basic capri of pajama pattern.  I added 3 rows of lace to the bottoms for ruffles. (Lace and fabric from Joanns)

Her crook was an after Christmas sale candy cane  I got for .25 cents. I wrapped it with white ribbon and added a large Pink bow.


Her little lamb was an after Easter sale at Target we picked up for $2.00

For her vest I used an old t shirt and cut off the arms and cut down the neck line as my pattern.  Then I used black velvet and lined it with some scrap fabric.I used some turquoise fabric and cut 2 half circles.  I gathered the half circles and pinned them to the vest. Sew vest with right sides together, leave a small opening and turn.  Top stitch the vest.  I then added small grommets for lacing.


Her bonnet was a trial and error mishap.  Made from Peltex, ribbon and underwear fabric.  I cut a basic bonnet pattern and gathered my fabric onto it.  This hat took me as long to make as the whole rest of the outfit.  It turned out to be the perfect finishing piece.



5 comments:

  1. What an incredibly cute Little Bo Peep!! I love her curls-- perfect addition to the costume ;)

    I'm pinning this for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO very cute! Love it all! I hope you will share this on The CSI Project this week starting Wednesday night. The challenge is DIY Halloween Costumes. Come on over! You just might win!!!
    www.thecsiproject.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the best and most BEAUTIFUL Bo Peep costume I have come across. My daughter is almost 2 and will be almost 3 next Halloween. I would love to make this for her!!! Will you re list your top pattern? I want to make this exactly as you have.
    Well done - it's better that the $350 etsy version.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! I'm making my daughter Little Bo Peep for Halloween this year and have been stumped on the hat. Hat the basic gathered hat, and not looking for a pioneer hat. This is just the right blend of the two. Don't think I could mimic that, but thought I'd tell you that it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...