Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Itsy Bitsy Spider Door Decor

Friday, October 5, 2012

Itsy Bitsy Spider Door Decor


This year for Halloween I wanted a little something different for my front door.  There are some many cute wreaths out there.  I love them all.  I was wanting something a little more non traditional. I found my idea at the Dollar store.

 Here is what you need:
2 googly eyes
spool 3/8 inch black ribbon
Foam pumpkin
Spider web
Hot Glue
Dowel or skewer

Start by wrapping your ribbon on to a skewer or dowel like in this post: Here {Spider Hair Clips}
 After baking your ribbon cut into 8 equal parts.

Take a skewer and punch a hole into the pumpkin.  Use the skewer to push the ribbon inside.  Use a bit of hot glue to secure the ribbon into place.


Add your googly eyes. 
Depending on how long you want your spider to hang, cut your ribbon accordingly.
Use the skewer to punch the ribbon through.  Dab some glue to the hole and ribbon to secure. 

 Your spider is ready to hang.

Add your Spider web and your new spider has a home!

I added mine to my front door.  Not quite your traditional door decor.  But sometimes I am not so traditional!


Don't forget the Masquerade Ball is up and going.  Stop by and link up your favorite Handmade Halloween Costumes. Some serious prizes are up for grabs.  Will one go to you???
Free Time Frolics
Visit thecsiproject.com

1 comment:

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...