Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Rainbow Brite Costume

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Rainbow Brite Costume



One afternoon I decided to share some of my childhood with my Little Miss.  We sat down together and turned on You Tube.  I decided to show her Rainbow Brite.  She fell in love, and had to watch every episode.
Later when I asked her what she wanted to be for Halloween and she said Rainbow Brite.  And the search began for a Rainbow Brite costume.
Here is how I did it.

Royal Blue fabric
1/4 yard Rainbow fabric
White t shirt
Rainbow leg warmers 2 pair
yellow felt

I started by making a circle skirt and using a wide elastic from Joann's for the waist band.

I used a basic peasant shirt pattern. Instead of peasant sleeves I made a stiff flutter sleeve.




For the belt I used red for the sides and a rainbow fabric for the center.  Then added red suspender style straps.  Add a big star and you are ready to go.




Add your leg warmers to her arms and legs and she is ready to trick or treat!







Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...