Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: 10 tips for Perfect Wheat Bread

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

10 tips for Perfect Wheat Bread


For the past 7 years I have been making homemade Wheat bread. I have taken classes on grains and bread making.  I have tried several recipes over the years.  I decided that any  recipe can be great if you just have the right tips. So over the years I have found what works best for me. So today I am sharing my tips for amazing wheat bread. For my wheat bread recipe click {Here}



1. Heat your water to the right temperature.  105* is the perfect temp.

2. Use Vital Wheat Gluten.  A small amount added to yeast bread recipes improves the texture and elasticity of the dough. 
3. Try sponging.  In my recipe I add gluten, part of the flour, water and yeast.  Mix it together and let it sit for 10 or so minutes.  This allows the yeast to activate.  Your mixture will rise and make bubbles. I like let this sit and sponge while I change a load of laundry or load the dishes.


4. Grab the lemon juice! Use 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice instead of dough enhancer. Lemon juice will make you bread light and airy.  Just like store bought bread without all the additives.

5. Begin kneading your dough when it stops sticking to the sides of the bowl.

6. Use non stick cooking spray on your counter top when rolling out your dough. If you use flour on your counter tops you start pulling moisture out of the bread. Making your dough dry and crumbly when baked.

7. Spray your pans with non stick cooking spray.


8.  Divide the dough and roll them out. When rolling out your dough, be sure to push the air bubbles out. Sometimes I like to use a rolling pin to push out the bubbles.  Then roll your dough and fit into your pans.  My recipe makes 4 loaves of bread.


9. Spray the tops of your bread dough with non stick cooking spray and a spritz of water.

10. When you pull your bread out of the oven, get them our of pans as soon as possible.  Spray the bread loaves with a spray bottle of water. Spray each of them a few times. This allows the heat to come out and the moisture to stay in.    This will produce a lot of steam.

Allow your bread to cool for at least 20 minutes before cutting.


Check out my KPVI segment sharing a few of these tips!

1 comment:

  1. I like home made bread. I would love it if you shared this here:

    http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2013/05/ham-potatoe-casserole-bake-show-your.html

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...