Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Easy Homemade Fruit Roll Up's

Friday, April 26, 2013

Easy Homemade Fruit Roll Up's


Last week I attended SNAP!  While  hanging out with some fantastic bloggers I pulled out my Cracked Fruit.  I passed it around and had a little myself.  One of the girls asked what it was and if the recipe was on my blog.  I guess I thought everyone knew how to make homemade fruit crack. So I have never share my super amazing treat with you all. Easy Homemade Fruit Roll Ups!!
I have a love of all things fruity. Have I mentioned I have a fruit allergy??  I am super allergic to most fruits and some veggies.  I have a really hard time getting enough in my diet. A friend gave me this quick and easy recipe. An I LOVE it.  I can have a yummy sweet treat without all the sugar and preservatives.  It only takes 2 ingredients and your stove. This is my go to healthy snack.
I love to whip these up when we are going to be leaving on a trip in the car or a picnic.  The kids love them and they are healthy.  If you like you can use sugar free jello.

Only 2 ingredients!
Unsweetened Apple Sauce (I love to make fresh apple sauce but if Not I use Unsweetened from the store.)
Your favorite Jello Flavor- Our favorite is Watermelon and Apricot
Supplies:
Large baking sheet(One per batch)
Plastic wrap
Blendtec Blender


 Blend 4 cups applesauce and 1 small package of your favorite jello in your Blentec Blender. You can mix with out a blender but the blender adds air to the applesauce and gives it a smooth texture.
Line your baking sheet with plastic wrap. Pour your sauce mixture into the pan. Spread it around evenly.  Place in oven and bake for 6-8 hours @180* or as low as your oven will go. I check mine at the 6 hour mark.  Usually your edges will be done before the middle.  Once you are happy with doneness.  Pull from the oven and allow to cool.
Roll from one end to the other with the plastic wrap attached.  Cut into sections and place in a airtight bag.
***Be sure to remove the plastic wrap when you are ready to eat. This can be a choking hazard to small children.
Not: If you over cooked your leather and it breaks into pieces.  Just save in an airtight bag.  My kids love having cracked fruit.

Enjoy these all year round!
five days five ways | because every day is different

8 comments:

  1. I am going to try these!! I am always looking for an on-the-go snack! happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks or sharing! I can't wait to try this out! Definitely pinning this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Just pinned this! I tried another homemade fruit roll-up and it didn't work out so well. I am hoping to have better luck with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This recipe looks amazing I can imagine with the addition of jell-o these r more like the store bought fruit leathers. Cant wait to try all of the different flavour combos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to make these. Plastic wrap in the oven? It won't melt?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to make these. Plastic wrap in the oven? It won't melt?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does this work with Sugar Free Jell-O??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Does this work with Sugar Free Jell-O??

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...