Web Toolbar by Wibiya Free Time Frolics: Homemade Croutons {Recipe}

Monday, April 22, 2013

Homemade Croutons {Recipe}


Salad Season is on its way. I can feel it!  Fresh fruits and vegetables are just waiting to spring up in home gardens every where.  And who doesn't love yummy croutons to top off their salad.  I love to make Chef and Cesar salads in the summer for my family with fresh homemade croutons. A few years back I was in a class with a chef who shared his homemade croutons. They are simple and easy.  They have no preservatives (which isn't a problem cuz they probably won't even make it to a ziploc for later.) These yummy little croutons could even become your evening snack like popcorn only better.




Homemade Croutons Recipe
8 slices Texas Toast
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
5 T. melted Butter
1 T. Garlic Seasoning (Get mine at Costco)

Cut toast into 1 inch squares.  Melt Butter and mix with seasoning.  Place bread and cheese in a large bowl. Pour butter and seasoning over the bread. Toss bread like you do a salad, coating the bread with the butter, seasoning and cheese.  Pour onto a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes at 350*.  Pull out and turn the croutons.  Bake for 10 more minutes.   Once cool you can store them in a Ziploc bag if you don't eat them all right out to of the oven.
They are perfect for a salad or snack on them like popcorn.  Delicious!



3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I never realized how simple croutons would be to make! I will have to try these :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo I never remember to put parm on my homemade croutons! Yum! I love to feature good food on my blog... in fact today I've got a Mexi-Mexicana Round up going on... hope you can check it out.
    http://www.nap-timecreations.com/2013/04/Mexicanfood.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your croutons look great! I've been wanting to make my own for the longest time too, but never seem to get around to doing it. I'll have to make some soon, because you're right, salad season is on its way! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering them if I can. Please come back when You get a little Free Time! Adrienne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...